Wednesday, 28 October 2009

Some recommendations


Yesterday afternoon I found myself with a glass of mulled wine in hand and stood watching the gentle falling of snowflakes through the air. But I wasn't going mad, nor had I drifted into Narnia.

I was in fact at The Junction, here in Cambridge, for the launch of their Christmas offering, appropriately titled, A Merry Little Christmas. It's actually being created by the lovely folk at Gomito, another Cambridge-based company.

They've always been very supportive of our activities here at Hoipolloi and I was delighted to finally make it to one of their other shows before the launch. If you have kids (or even if you don't!) look out for The Night Keeper, which is touring to a few places before mid-November. I thought it was wonderfully enchanting!

Finally, next week's a busy week for interesting and exciting theatre here in Cambridge. Not only will Story of a Rabbit be calling into the Arts Theatre (have you booked your tickets yet?), but Told by An Idiot will be stopping by The Junction with their new show, The Fahrenheit Twins.

Adapted from Michel Faber's original tale, it's an enthralling story of two siblings living with their parents on a remote artic exploration station. Lyn Gardner at the Guardian gave it 4stars so it comes highly recommended.

Finally finally, don't forget we've added an extra Hoipolloi Master Class in as the first sold-out! It'll be at The Junction on Sunday 13 December from 12noon to 7pm. Places cost £35 and are available from 01223 511511 (as indeed are tickets for A Merry Little Christmas and The Fahrenheit Twins).




No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails