
Ladies and Gentleman, I'd like to report that a minor earthquake has just hit our current home of Melbourne! It was about 20 minutes ago and Hugh and Sioned were in the middle of a tech rehearsal for Floating.
We all stopped, looked at each other and tried to work out what was happening. But thankfully it wasn't too strong and passed after about 20 or 30 seconds! Fortunately we had passed the moment in the show when an earthquake hits Anglesey otherwise we would have been really confused! It was worst for Tom as he was up on a rickety balcony overlooking the space.
The show opens here at the Arts House at North Melbourne Town Hall tonight. We're all really excited to see how it goes, particularly following the success of our time in Sydney.
And speaking of Sydney, I've finally had time to edit together a quick video leading up to our first night at the Opera House. Here you go...
Wednesday, 18 March 2009
Feeling the earth move in Melbourne
Posted by Hoipolloi Theatre at 05:59
Labels: Australia, Floating, Hoi Polloi, hoipolli, Hoipolloi, Hugh Hughes, Melbourne, Sydney Opera House
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Hey I saw your show at Arts House last night - I loved it! I'm involved in making theatre here in Melbourne and I sometimes forget why I do it in the midst of all the chaos and lack of money. Your show reminded me of why I make theatre - to leave people changed by the time they leave at the end of the evening. I definitely left the theatre changed. I keep imagining the postlude to the story of Anna and her resentful daughter from last night - maybe they had a fight on the 40k trip home, and made up and maybe learnt something about each other. I hope so anyway. Thank you so much for bringing out the real people behind the masks in the audience and for being such delightfully generous artists. :) Kate
Kate says it perfectly - this is the kind of theatre that leaves us changed. I loved it and wish I'd gone a second time.
http://www.aussietheatre.com/revfloating.htm
Post a Comment