
Good morning, welcome to Sydney and our first proper blog entry from our international tour. I'm going to be your main guide to our time in Australia although Hugh and Sioned will do their best to say hello as and when their busy schedule permits.
Hugh apologises for not updating you from Singapore. He, Aled and Sioned had a fantastically hectic week in the city, thank you to everyone who joined them at Story of a Rabbit, the symposium or one of the workshops. We'll try and post a catch up about their time there soon.
In the meantime, tonight is our first performance from Sydney Opera House. The building definitely lives up to its iconic status and I'm currently sat in the Green Room with a delightful view of the harbour and the city beyond. Something I could definitely get used to.
We've got a busy day ahead. Hugh and Sioned should arrive in about 30mins and then we'll be continuing the tech run. Floating hasn't been performed since Moscow back in May last year so everyone's doing there best to remember exactly how it fits together. But I'm sure we'll get there in time for the imminent opening!
I arrived in town early on Sunday morning and enjoyed the luxury of being collected by an Opera House driver. He'd just delivered Juliette Binoche to the airport so I enjoyed my little VIP connection!
I'll keep you posted on how it goes tonight with a few twitter updates as and when I can! I'm just in the process of putting together a little video and if I can work out a way of getting it online without crashing the Opera House's server, I'll post it to YouTube.
In the meantime, here's a few pics of outside of our current 'home' for you to enjoy!
Speak soon! Simon (Hoipolloi's Marketing & Touring Manager)

Monday, 2 March 2009
Good morning Sydney!
Posted by Hoipolloi Theatre at 23:05
Labels: Australia, Floating, Hoi Polloi, hoipolli, Hoipolloi, Hugh Hughes, Juliette Binoche, Photos, Sydney Opera House, Twitter
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I have just returned from opening night at Opera House and by cheeks still hurt from laughing so much! Brilliant work - I felt like I was in the Welsh version of Kafka on the Shore. Love it.
The best piece of theatre i have seen in a long, long while.
Like the Herald article, i actually found it hard to revert back to my seemingly mundane life, after falling in love with Hugh and Sioned.
And the Q + A was great. I hope you know that James Valentine wasn't speaking on behalf of all of us when he said some of those terrible things..!
Thanks so much for such a hilarious and contemplative experience.
Post a Comment